Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Coleslaw in the Blog Sandwich

Yes, esteemed readers, it is indeed time for the FILLER! I have been having a rather stressful afternoon of it trying to exorcise evil viruses from my Hotmail account and instead exorcising MYSELF from my hotmail account.

It started when my email caught a virus and started sending spam of it's own accord (i.e. not the usual crazy messages which are normally my doing), right after I'd been at the very internet cafe in which I am now sitting. 'Ho-hum' says I, 'I'd Better Change the Password'. So I wind my way through the intricacies of the brand new hotmail layout, and set myself a shiny new password. I click 'confirm'. Nothing happens. I click it again. Absolutely zilch. I leave it be for a second and plan my journey home from Heathrow (yes, it's not far away!). Back to hotmail. Nothing. Click, click click...OK, so that may not have been so smart. The page finally loads and it turns out my new password is erm...3 characters shorter than the one I typed in.

I have no clue what it is, and the backup email address I set, aged 13 or so, for when I need a password reminder is ummm...my very same hotmail address. And it turns out that, aged 13, I didn't really know what a security question was for, so no joy there. Is this the end of my illustrious hotmail account? Quite possibly...If anyone has any suggestions, please go right ahead and tell me.

....

My goodness, I do like talking about my problems, it would seem! In other news, la-la-la-lah-lah-life is wonderful and I am continuing to have the greatest of times in Mauritius. It is unbelievable how fast the weeks are going past - today was the LAST DAY of class. This means I have been teaching in Chamarel for four weeks. I have learned a lot, but I feel the time for reflection is not quite yet. For one thing, there's the beach. You see, the sun sets around 6pm here, so if I'm going to truly make the most of that place, I have to get out of this damn internet cafe! The other thing is that the last time I wrote I promised a hitchhiking-devoted article, and it is still in the works! I caught a very nice ride with the headmistress of the local secondary school (La Gaulette) to get here, and she was one of the most interesting and talkative people who's ever stopped for me. But there are others! And I can promise you that all the wonderful characters who I have been lucky enough to encounter on the Mauritian road will be unveiled to you all next time I get to a computer!!

A plus, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment